Getting Ready for Cooler Weather
The fastest way to add warmth to any home is with the fireplace. It’s a spot where everyone can gather around for the holidays or family traditions. However, as we learn more and more, traditional wood fireplaces aren’t as effective as they once were. Even more, they aren’t as sustainable as they once were thought to be. Because of this, many homeowners are switching to gas fireplaces. This is a great investment because it helps cut down on time and money. Another great investment, especially for gas fireplaces, are gas logs. These not only look great but provide the same feel and aesthetic as a traditional wood fireplace. If you are interested in a gas log installation in Huntsville, AL, connect with Hot n Cold Plumbing LLC. Dial (256)-885-4333 to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of a Gas Log Installation
If you have been considering a gas log fireplace for a while, there are several things to consider. Installation is not something that can be done by just anyone. More than that, you need logs that are of high, reliable quality. That in mind, there are several advantages to a gas log installation.
- Realistic: You don’t have to compromise your aesthetic with a gas log fireplace. With the right logs, you’ll have a realistic looking fire that can even rival the real thing.
- Cost Savings: While the gas log installation costs can be steep, this type of fireplace will save you money in the long run. Natural gas is often cheaper and means less need for maintenance, which can add to your costs.
- Eco-Friendly: Because you are likely using natural gas to power the logs, there are less emissions emitted. This means there is less energy and heat waste, which makes a big impact on the environment.
- Safer: Since there is no actual wood burning, there are many risks reduced with a gas log fireplace. There is less chance of smoke inhalation, carbon monoxide poisoning, and more.
- Simplistic: There is a beautiful simplicity in a gas log fireplace. You won’t have to worry about trying to get a fire started or running the risk of burning the wrong thing. They are also easier to maintain, though they will still require regular maintenance.
When it comes to gas log installation disadvantages, there really aren’t any. You may still have to worry about heat and energy escaping through the fireplace, but that comes down to having a vented or vent-free fireplace. To learn more about your options, contact Hot n Cold Plumbing LLC. We are plumbers in your area that can help with everything from gas log needs to water heater service. Let us know how we can help you today.
Do It Yourself vs. Professional Services
Should you attempt to install gas logs yourself or invest in professional services? That’s a question that many homeowners try to answer themselves. While there are many online resources that make it seem like a gas log installation how-to service is easy, it really isn’t. Since you are working with gas lines and connections, it’s honestly best to rely on professional services. Plumbers and technicians that are gas certified will be able to expertly install gas logs for you. While the costs can seem steep initially, investing in a professional can actually save you money. If you attempt to do it yourself, you could make serious mistakes that will cost you even more time and money to repair. Just like if you need hail damage repair, relying on an expert will guarantee professional, lasting results. The same is true with your fireplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to install a gas log?
- It depends on the situation. If your home is already set up with a gas connection, it could cost you between $500 and $2,000 to install gas logs. However, there is also the distinction between vented and vent-free logs, which can alter the price.
- How do you install a gas log?
- There are several DIY videos that can tell you how to do the installation yourself, but your best bet is to rely on a professional. This is even more true since you are working with gas lines and connections.
- Do plumbers install gas logs?
- Yes, they do, but only if they are gas certified. Many handymen or plumbers will say they can do this, but that can be a major risk to you. Only rely on plumbers that explicitly state they are gas line certified.
- How long do gas logs last?
- Vented gas logs will last about 10-years or longer, especially with good maintenance. Vent-free logs on the other hand will probably last between 3-5 years if they are heavily used, even with regular maintenance.
- What are the best gas logs?
- Brands like Natural Glo, Regal Flame, Peterson Real Fyre, and SureHeat create great gas log options. If you choose anything from these brands, you can’t go wrong.
Schedule an Appointment for a Gas Log Installation!
When you are ready for a gas log installation in Huntsville, AL, dial (256)-885-4333. You’ll be connected with the experts at Hot n Cold Plumbing LLC. We are here to help you.